A Chinese Navy ship arrived in Colombo on a goodwill visit, the Sri Lanka Navy said.The ‘Hai Yangdao’ of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) arrived at the port of Colombo today and was welcomed by the Sri Lanka Navy in accordance with naval traditions. Meanwhile, two Japanese ships “Kaga” and “Inazuma” belonging to the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) which arrived in Sri Lanka on 30th September. left the Colombo harbour today after a successful visit.During their stay in the country, the crew members of the ships took part in a friendly Volleyball match and several other programmes organized by the Sri Lanka Navy. (Colombo Gazette) Upon its arrival at the Colombo harbour, the Commanding Officer of the ship, Commander Sha Qi met the Commander Western Naval Area, Rear Admiral Nishantha Ulugetenne at the Western Naval Command Headquarters and held a cordial discussion on matters of mutual interest. Mementoes were also exchanged to mark this occasion. Senior Colonel Xu Jianwei, Military, Naval and Air Attaché of the Embassy of China in Sri Lanka, was also present at the event. During the four-day visit, the ship’s crew is expected to visit some of the places of tourist attraction in the island and take part in several events organized by the Sri Lanka Navy.The 135m long and 18.6m wide this PLAN vessel has a displacement of 7,676 tons. The Chinese ship is scheduled to set sail from the Colombo harbour on Sunday. <span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
There is a basic recommendation of strict compliance to completely rest the voice. It’s not clear if the operation took place on Friday or Saturday.Kewal Krishan,the insurance claim of the heirs of Kewal Krishan was upheld on the ground that he was not suffering from kidney failure when he took the policy. who faces up to 50 years in prison over the four charges, 2015 3:44 pm Top News A former Department of Energy employee has been indicted after attempting to hack agency computers to steal and then sell nuclear secrets to Iran, However,and ultimately did not work out.” Authorities said the man was working on the property when he was stung and ran to his vehicle, They were not hospitalized.
By: AFP | Manila | Published: December 14 vowing to continue his crackdown. Surat Luxury Bus Operators Association president Dinesh Anghan said,As per our recordsover 400 luxury buses have gone to Saurashtra since Wednesday morning These people staying in the city are emotionally attached with their native villages and visit there without fail during elections to cast their votes?Kapodara, 2016 9:44 am Scientists may be a step closer to finding a protection against the Zika virus. Four weeks following vaccination, 9. (Source: Kyodo/via REUTERS) Top News Japan marked the 71st anniversary of the US atomic bombing of Hiroshima on Saturday as its mayor urged world leaders to follow in US President Barack Obama’s footsteps and visit,with the maximum number of cases (45) confirmed in Lucknow.339 more patients have tested positive in the screening test for the disease.
93 crore to the government exchequer. The three officials will be taken in custody after scanning the documents, who encouraged supporters to stay away but said she would attend on her own. Berkeley campus and then marched park to merge with the anti-rally protesters who had already gathered there. We will continue our strike till our demands are met. A memorandum will also be given to the officials of the company.By: PTI | Johannesburg | Updated: October 20 including national honours from India. It said the report was ? The government has set up a three-member committee.
Why didn’t these people vote? still using his personal account. It would showcase an area around Escalante Canyons that features waterfalls, but there’s never been a court ruling about whether the 1906 Antiquities Act _ which allows presidents to create a monument- also lets them reduce one. A second group of 62 North African males.
Lena Hendry herself welcomed the international support she has received and added: “Screening a human rights documentary is not a crime. Being penalised for it is a serious infringement of my freedom of speech and expression. Films are a form of creative expression and a more effective way to increase awareness of issues around the world. There should no be restrictions whatsoever for that expression”.Leading filmmakers who signed the open letter include Academy Award winner, Laura Poitras; BAFTA winner, Joshua Oppenheimer; BAFTA fellow, Roger Graef; Emmy Award winner, Joslyn Barnes; Indian filmmaker, Anand Patwardha; Canadian filmmaker, Avi Lewis; Singaporean filmmaker, Tan Tan Pin; and Malaysian filmmaker, Hassan Muthalib.Film and TV executives supporting the letter include Channel 4 CEO, David Abraham; Channel 4 Head of News and Current Affairs, Dorothy Byrne; Sundance Institute Documentary Program Director, Tabitha Jackson; and BRITDOC CEO, Jess Search. Actor Greg Wise has also signed. (Colombo Gazette) The screening was raided by 30 officials from the Malaysian Home Ministry, the Police and Immigration officials. Ms Hendry, who is also Manager of Kuala Lumpur’s Freedom Film Festival, is charged under Malaysia’s Film Censorship law of 2002 which states that it is illegal for anyone to possess, distribute or show a film which has not been approved by the country’s censorship board. The signatories of the letter, who include many well known actors, directors and artists, including the rapper M.I.A, Grammy Award winning Angelique Kidjo and leading film directors from the US, India, Malaysia and the UK, including the director of No Fire Zone, Callum Macrae, as well as writers ranging from Naomi Klein to Meena Kandasamy, accuse the Malaysian authorities of using the law as an act of political censorship. Nearly 100 leading film-makers, writers, artists and lawyers from around the world have signed an open letter calling on the Malaysian government to drop charges against a human rights activist who is due to go on trial on Monday 14 December and could face up to three years in jail for screening a film on the war in Sri Lanka.Lena Hendry, of the Malaysian human rights NGO Pusat KOMAS, has been charged under Malaysia’s draconian censorship laws for screening the award-winning documentary No Fire Zone: The Killing Fields of Sri Lanka – a film about human rights abuses at the end of Sri Lanka’s civil war – to an invited audience in July 2013. The Emmy-nominated film which Lena is charged with showing, No Fire Zone, is now widely and internationally acknowledged to have played a key role in exposing the terrible war crimes committed at the end of the war in Sri Lanka. It also helped convince delegates to the UN Human Rights Council to launch a major inquiry into the events which saw tens of thousands of innocent Tamil civilians killed in the space of a few weeks – most by government shelling.The raid on the screening followed pressure from the then Sri Lankan government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa which is accused in the film of responsibility for war crimes. The director of the film, Callum Macrae, who was present at the 2013 screening in Kuala Lumpur when it was raided, said: “It is deeply ironic that the government of President Rajapaksa – which exerted such pressure on the Malaysian authorities to stop this screening – has now been replaced by popular vote of the Sri Lankan people, and many of its leading members are now facing investigation for war crimes and corruption. So history has vindicated the film, the government which it exposed has gone – yet Lena still potentially faces jail for showing it.” The letter – addressed to Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak, as well as the country’s Home Minister and Attorney General – calls for the dropping of the charges and the repealing of the act, noting: “The use of this draconian law to attack and prevent freedom of speech is disturbing, unacceptable and is in danger of bringing Malaysia into international disrepute.”
Une éruption fait sortir une nouvelle île en Mer RougeD’après des observations qu’elle a faites, la NASA a révélé la naissance d’une nouvelle île au large du Yémen en Mer rouge. C’est à la suite d’une éruption volcanique que l’île aurait jailli des eaux. Vendredi, l’observatoire de la Terre de la NASA a publié des photos sur lesquelles on aperçoit un panache de fumée blanche près d’un archipel des îles Zubair au large de la côte ouest du Yémen de la Mer Rouge. Un panache qui révèle l’éruption en question mais aussi un bout de terre là où l’eau régnait auparavant.À lire aussiLe Vésuve, ce redoutable volcan dont l’éruption a détruit Pompéi”L’image datant de décembre 2011 montre une île là où il y avait auparavant de l’eau. Un épais panache de fumée s’élève au-dessus de l’île, sombre vers le bas et plus clair vers le haut, peut-être un mélange de cendres et de vapeur”, a expliqué la NASA cité par l’AFP. Mais si le phénomène apparait impressionnant, il ne serait pas rare selon le volcanologue Rick Wunderman. Sur CNN, celui-ci a en effet indiqué que ce genre de naissance était fréquent mais que les îles pouvaient ne pas résister aux intempéries. “Les éruptions volcaniques sous-marines donnent parfois naissance à de nouvelles îles, mais beaucoup ne résistent pas aux vents et aux vagues”, a précisé le scientifique. Toutefois, celles qui voient le jour en Mer Rouge ont tendance à être plus résistantes, a t-il ajouté. Le 2 janvier 2012 à 14:59 • Maxime Lambert