Lionel Messi expects to be out of action for “a little while” after suffering a calf injury during Barcelona training on Monday.The Argentina star sustained a grade one strain to his right calf muscle in his first session back with La Liga’s champions after his post-Copa America holiday.The 32-year-old will miss Barca’s pre-season trip to the United States while he recovers from the problem. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Although Barca have not put a timeframe on his recovery, Messi does not seem to think the injury will keep him sidelined for long.”I was looking forward to starting and unfortunately I had an accident in the first training session that will leave me out for a little while,” he wrote on Instagram.”I’m grateful for all your messages and displays of affection, I wanted to be with the team and with the people who follow us in the USA.”It wasn’t to be this time, but we’ll see each other again soon. A hug to everyone.”Barca face Napoli in Miami and Ann Arbor this week in the final stretch of their pre-season duties.They begin their league title defence away to Athletic Bilbao on August 16.Messi has vowed that the Blaugrana will look to challenge on all fronts in the 2019-20 campaign, with there a desire on the part of everyone at Camp Nou to chase down major honours at home and abroad.He said 12 months ago that the Champions League would be a top priority for Ernesto Valverde’s side, but has no regrets at making that statement and has reiterated that silverware is a must once more.Messi told supporters ahead of a friendly date with Arsenal: “It’s hard to say something after last season, but I don’t regret anything.“But I have no doubt that together we are going to fight again for everything. We won eight League titles in 11 years. We do not give it the value it deserves but over the years we will see how difficult it was.“This club fights for everything and this year will be no different. We have renewed dreams. Visca Barca and Visca Catalunya!”
Joseph Glasman, Head of Political and Government Investigations at the CAA, said: “Just a week ago, thousands of demonstrators joined us outside Labour Head Office to demand that the Labour Party hold Jeremy Corbyn to account for bringing the Party into disrepute in breach of Labour’s own rules.“We filed a disciplinary complaint to that effect which the Labour Party has thus far tried to rebut without even the formality of an investigation, so today I hand delivered disciplinary complaints from among the more than a thousand we received on the day from those who demonstrated with us, who wish to add their names to the complaint. She has already dismissed the CAA’s original complaint, pointing to speeches that Mr Corbyn has made in support of the Jewish community. Joseph Glasman delivering the complaint forms to Labour HQ The complaint alleges that Mr Corbyn has breached Labour’s code of conduct which prevents members from acting in a way that is “grossly detrimental to the Party” by characterising the “Jewish people as dissembling and dishonest” when they reported anti-Semitism. Ms Formby said that this did not constitute a breach of the rules, adding that this was “clearly” not what he was doing as he had said that Jewish people “had good cause to feel vulnerable and even threatened” when he launched an investigation into the issue. Distancing him from the comments of others in the party, Ms Formby also said that his membership of Facebook groups which contained anti-Semitic material had already been explained by the leader who said he was unaware of the offending content. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. Members of the Jewish community have lodged more than 1,000 official complaints calling on Labour to investigate Jeremy Corbyn over anti-Semitism.The complaints, delivered to the party headquarters on Monday, allege that Mr Corbyn has brought the Labour party into disrepute by creating a “safe haven” for racists. . The signatories add their names to a complaint lodged by the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism (CAA) earlier this month. The charity, which is considering legal action if Labour refuses to investigate, says that Mr Corbyn has failed to act to stamp out hatred for three years and now his party must show that they take the matter seriously.The complaint also alleges that Mr Corbyn breached the party’s conditions of membership and social media rules through his membership of online groups containing anti-Semitic material.The 1,000 plus letters state: “Under Jeremy Corbyn, Labour has become a safe haven for racists. He is at home amongst them, having spent his political career seeking out and giving succour to Holocaust deniers, genocidal antisemitic terrorist groups and a litany of Jew-haters.“Labour must lead by example and show that Jeremy Corbyn is bound by the same rules as Leader as he was as a backbencher.”The complaints, many of which were signed during a protest organised by the CAA outside Labour’s HQ earlier this month, were addressed to Jennie Formby, the party’s General Secretary. The demonstration organised by the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism earlier this monthCredit:AFP “Jennie Formby, the new General Secretary of the Labour Party, must cease her insulting attempt to whitewash these complaints and investigate Mr Corbyn’s conduct. If the Labour Party refuses to hold him to account, then we will hold the Labour Party to account, in court if necessary.” The Labour Party has said that the response of Ms Formby still stands.
TEXT: MICHALINA CHABOWSKA Wisla Plock won first match in Polish League, triumphing against Chrobry Głogów. Manolo Cadenas’ team played good game in first half, but in second part they didn’t look so good. They lost some concentration in the defense and due to that they won only by six goals (33:27).Oilers started good and after seven minutes they were leading by 4 goals (5:1). Soon they enlarge advance to even eight goals thanks to Valentin Ghionea throw. Wisla was controlling the game, playing good in the defense and won first half 11:17. Nice play of Wisla changed in second part, when they started to make easy mistakes and miss few shots, but it didn’t change the result. Plock quite easy won against Glogow and took first two points in polish league. In good disposition in this game were left wing Ivan Nikcevic (9), line-player of Wisla, Muhamed Toromanović with eight goals and Marcin Lijewski (6 goals).Wisła: M.Wichary (40% 16/42, 2/3) – I.Nikčević(9, 0/1), V.Ghionea(4, 2/3), Z.Kwiatkowski, M.Toromanović(8), B.Kavaš, P.Nenadić(3, 2/3), M.Lijewski(6), N.Eklemović(2), I.Milas, M.Jurkiewicz(1)Chrobry: R.Stachera (18% 2/10, 0/1 k), M.Świrkula (31% 8/29, 3/6 ) – J.Łucak, Y.Gromyko(5), M.Świtała(3, 0/1), B.Witkowski, D.Płócienniczak, M.Bednarek(2), M.Gujski(5), R.Jankowski(2), R.Biegaj(1), A.Prakapenia(4, 1/2), W.Kubała(1), P.Gregor(4) Orlen Wisla PlockPolandPolish Handball ← Previous Story Balazs Laluska to Dubai – Al-Washl! Next Story → HANDBALL STORY OF AUGUST 2013: Manolo Cadenas called “MAGIC”