opryflyvj

Pochettino will NOT leave Tottenham – but had clear-the-air talks with Levy

first_imgMAURICIO POCHETTINO is not about to quit Tottenham — but has had clear-the-air talks with chairman Daniel Levy.The manager and his No 2 Jesus Perez had dinner with Levy on Thursday after an uncertain close season.2 Mauricio Pochettino had clear-the-air talks with chairman Daniel LevyCredit: EPAPoch said: “Last week we had a meeting here and then we planned to have this dinner with Jesus, Daniel and another board member. We played two-v-two. Who won? Tottenham.“It was a very good exercise to have better communication and make clear things. Always the ntention was to help the club. There were no personal intentions.“It was good to listen from Daniel that we are on the same page, that is the most important thing.”The Spurs boss claims he has rejected job offers during his five-year reign.Asked how many, Poch said: “Plenty in five years and Daniel knows.“From where? Everywhere. But Daniel knows very well how our commitment with the club is. It’s massive.”Pochettino, linked with Manchester United and Real Madrid, rubbished reports he will quit after tomorrow’s North London derby.He said: “That stupidity can only happen through rumours on social media that create a big, big problem that doesn’t exist.Tottenham boss Pochettino denies ‘stupid rumours’ he is going to quit after Arsenal clash Most Read in FootballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big one“We will watch some national team games and then the following Monday prepare for the new week.”Poch also took aim at Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson, who tipped a win for former club Arsenal tomorrow.Asked which Gunners ace he would like to play against, Poch said: “Paul Merson, so I could kick him. But I would kick him with love!”2 Poch and his No 2 Jesus Perez had dinner with Levy on Thursday after an uncertain close seasonCredit: AFP or licensorslast_img read more

padypsund

Treasury official faults lenders on verifying income

first_imgFederal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said last week that the central bank is considering tougher rules to reduce abusive home-loan practices even though he thinks the economy should escape without significant harm from the problems in the market for subprime mortgages, or loans made to borrowers with shaky credit histories. In March, the Fed and the other four federal agencies that regulate banks, thrifts and credit unions – including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency – proposed guidelines that call for strict evaluations of a borrower’s ability to repay, among other recommendations. The guidelines, which would affect big lenders such as Countrywide Financial Corp. and Washington Mutual Inc., have not yet been made final. The Fed plans a mid-June hearing on ways to curb abusive lending practices. Lenders catering to homebuyers with shaky credit have seen a spike in defaults on payments in the past year, and more than 30 subprime lenders have gone bankrupt this year. Major lenders have tightened standards for borrowers since February, when parts of the mortgage market fell into disarray. RealtyTrac Inc., an industry research firm, said last week that mortgage lenders foreclosed on 62percent more U.S. homes in April than a year ago. WASHINGTON – A high-ranking Treasury Department official on Wednesday chastised mortgage lenders for too-often failing to verify the income of borrowers with blemished credit histories, blaming the practice for rising defaults and foreclosures. Comptroller of the Currency John Dugan said federal banking regulators need to give the industry guidance for improvement in this area, though he did not offer a specific remedy. “Sound underwriting and, for that matter, simple common sense suggests that a mortgage lender would almost always want to verify the income of a riskier subprime borrower to make sure that he or she had the means to make the required monthly payments,” Dugan said in a speech to a New York housing group. “But the norm appears to be just the opposite,” said Dugan, whose agency regulates nationally chartered banks. “Nearly 50percent of all subprime loans last year accepted stated income,” meaning the underwriters did not verify the information borrowers provided on loan applications. Home prices are slipping, too. The national median existing single-family home price in the first quarter was $212,300, down 1.8percent from a year ago when the median price was $216,100, according to the National Association of Realtors. The median is a market price where half the homes sold for more and half sold for less. Dugan’s speech came one day after trade groups representing mortgage bankers and brokers traded barbs about who should be blamed for the housing market’s woes.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

tviohxebw

Letterkenny family promise fund will look after son after High Court battle

first_imgA Letterkenny mum has said she is glad her family’s ordeal is over after her 18-year-old son was awarded almost €3million in the High Court for horrific injuries he received in an accident.Ian O’Donnell now suffers from behavioural and psychological issues after a milk van ran over his head when he was aged 3 in December 2001. Helen O’Donnell, from Glenwood Park, today issued a statement after her family’s court battle.She said “The 15th of March marked the end of a long hard legal battle to obtain justice for our son. We remain at a loss to understand how this case was defended for over 15 years.“However, justice has now been served and a fund shall be put in place to look after our son’s needs going forward into the future.“We are very relieved to bring closure to the case and would like to thank all our family members, friends, the doctors, experts and our legal representative, Seamus Gunn of McCloughan Gunn & Co. Solicitors, and all his team for their help and exceptional professional support over the years, for without them we would not be where we are today.“We are now looking forward to getting on with our lives,” she said.Letterkenny family promise fund will look after son after High Court battle was last modified: March 16th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more